Wen H Liu Y Li J Wei
46. Wen H, Liu Y, Li J, Wei D, Liu D, Zhao F. Inhibitory effect and mechanism of 1, 25-dihydroxy vitamin D3 on RANKL FF-MAS in fibroblast-like synoviocytes and osteoclast-like cell formation induced by IL-22 in rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2018.
48. Olson KC, Kulling PM, Olson TL, et al. Vitamin D decreases STAT phosphor-ylation and inflammatory cytokine output in T-LGL leukemia. Cancer Biol Ther 2017; 18:290-303.
49. Wang J, Lu K, Song Y, et al. RANKL and OPG polymorphisms are associated with aromatase inhibitor-related musculoskeletal adverse events in Chinese Han breast cancer patients. PLoS One 2015; 10:e0133964.
51. Labovsky V, Vallone V, Martinez L, et al. Expression of osteoprotegerin, receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa-B ligand, tumor necrosis factorerelated apoptosis-inducing ligand, stromal cellederived factor-1 and their receptors in epithelial metastatic breast cancer cell lines. Cancer Cell Int 2012; 12:29. 52. Narita N, Yuasa T, Tsuchiya N, et al. A genetic polymorphism of the osteopro-tegerin gene is associated with an increased risk of advanced prostate cancer. BMC Cancer 2008; 8:224.
54. Lin YS, Liu YF, Chou YE, et al. Correlation of chitinase 3elike 1 single nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotypes with uterine cervical cancer in Taiwanese women. PLoS One 2014; 9:e104038.
56. Shaker OG, Nassar YH, Kamel MM, Gad ZS, Elantably AM. Chitinase-3elike protein 1 (YKL-40) as biomarker in serum of Egyptian breast cancer females.
57. Johansen JS, Christensen IJ, Riisbro R, et al. High serum YKL-40 levels in patients with primary breast cancer is related to short recurrence free survival. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2003; 80:15-21.
58. Nielsen KR, Steffensen R, Boegsted M, et al. Promoter polymorphisms in the chitinase 3elike 1 gene influence the serum concentration of YKL-40 in Danish patients with rheumatoid arthritis and in healthy subjects. Arthritis Res Ther 2011; 13:R109.
59. Assmann G, Koenig J, Pfreundschuh M, et al. Genetic variations in genes encoding
60. Huang CH, Wei JC, Hung PS, et al. Osteoprotegerin genetic polymorphisms and age of symptom onset in ankylosing spondylitis. Rheumatology 2011; 50:359-65. 61. Pan JJ, Ge YS, Xu GL, et al. The expression of chitinase 3elike 1: a novel prognostic predictor for hepatocellular carcinoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2013; 139:1043-54. 62. El-Shorbagy HM, Mahmoud NH, Sabet S. Association of vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms with breast cancer risk in an Egyptian population. Tumour Biol 2017; 39, 1010428317727738. 63. Kitazawa S, Kajimoto K, Kondo T, Kitazawa R. Vitamin D3 supports osteoclas-togenesis via functional vitamin D response element of human RANKL gene promoter. J Cell Biochem 2003; 89:771-7.
64. Sansoni V, Perego S, Colombini A, Banfi G, Brayda-Bruno M, Lombardi G. Interplay between low plasma RANKL and VDR-FokI polymorphism in lumbar disc herniation independently from age, body mass, and environmental factors: a caseecontrol study in the Italian population. Eur Spine J 2016; 25:192-9. Olfat G. Shaker, Mahmoud A. Senousy
65. Mirzaei K, Ahmadi S, Hossein-Nezhad A, Mokhtari F. Potential role of OPG/ RANKL system and FokI genotypes in pathogenesis and clinical manifestations in multiple sclerosis. Minerva Med 2012; 103:313-21.
66. Zhifu Y, Mingli J, Shuang C, et al. SNP-SNP interactions of immunity related genes involved in the CD28/B7 pathway with susceptibility to invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast. Gene 2015; 566:217-22.
67. Ruggiero M, Pacini S, Aterini S, Fallai C, Ruggiero C, Pacini P. Vitamin D re-ceptor gene polymorphism is associated with metastatic breast cancer. Oncol Res 1998; 10:43-6.
68. Shaker OG, Helmy HS. Circulating bone-related markers and YKL-40 versus HER2 and TOPO2a in bone metastatic and nonmetastatic breast cancer: diag-nostic implications. Clin Breast Cancer 2017; 18:e321-8.
70. Shaker O, Taha F, Salah M, El-Marzouky M. LAPTM4B gene expression and polymorphism as diagnostic markers of breast cancer in Egyptian patients. J Med Biochem 2015; 34:393-401.
Supplemental Table 1 Minor Allele Frequencies of Studied SNPs
dbSNP dbSNP Alleles
MAFa Global MAF Highest Population MAFb
Abbreviations: dbSNP ¼ Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Database; CHI3L1 ¼ chitinase-3elike protein 1; MAF ¼ minor allele frequency; OPG ¼ osteoprotegerin; RANKL ¼ receptor activator of nuclear factor kB ligand; SNP ¼ single nucleotide polymorphism. aMAF calculated from control samples. bAccording to Ensembl GRCh37 release 89, May 2017. cAccording to 1000 genomes (dbSNP). dTrans-Omics for Precision Medicine (TOPMed).